While we usually feature” the importance of having access to healthy snacks at work or school, or hospital” posts, we also like to share about products that you can find in our healthy vending machines. Products made with quality ingredients that we love- especially since food allergies/ sensitivities are becoming an increasing issue for both adults and kids. When we find something that’s allergy- friendly and love, we like to share about it in the hopes that it will help readers find products they will love for their own families.
For a lot of us, mothers out there with toddlers or little kids (especially ones with allergies), packing to go pretty much anywhere is more complicated. We end up packing for every eventuality with the kids. One thing that we think about when traveling is food. The only thing worse than a fussy child on an airplane, in a waiting room or a theater is a fussy HUNGRY child! For this reason, there’s one thing that’s always at the top of everyone with little kids packing list: snacks. When we’re out having fun, when it comes to snacks for our kids we want something quick, easy, convenient, and healthy. Ideally, those snacks will taste so good that the kids won’t even realize they’re eating healthy foods. It may seem like a lot to ask of a quick vending snack, but luckily Snacky Matz Healthy Vending satisfies all of the apparent requirements and then some!
Snacky Matz carries a range of products, from dried fruit snacks to baked veggie chips. One of our most popular treats are Stacy’s Pita chips and Cliff Bars, organic, as well as our gluten-free veggie chips enriched with vegetables like beets, spinach, broccoli, and kale.
KIND has a line of tasty organic, whole nut snacks. Oh man, do we ever love these! Thanks to a healthy dose of whole food ingredients you can recognize, they’re also a great way to sneak in some protein, and all of the wonderful nutrients they contain to help little bodies grow!
There has been substantial development in the healthy snack demand. Finally the products are less processed, preserving more nutrients and they are very popular with kids all ages.
Because we usually research and follow new health trends as well as update our products on regular basis, we just recently got rid-off the whole grain Kellog Pop Tarts and will soon replace them with healthier alternatives.
Whole grain Kellog Pop Tarts are “healthy” according to USDA Smart Snacks in School guidelines but in reality the filling is about 10% fruit and the other 90% is more enriched flour, soybean and palm oil, GMO after GMO, artificial colors. A common ingredient in food’s advertised towards kids and teens, is artificial dyes and colors. These vivacious and enjoyable colors are essentially toxic chemicals that cause hyperactivity in children and allergies. Some flavors of pop-tart contain Red 40, Yellow 6, and Blue 1. The toxins in these dyes are known to cause cancer, hyperactivity in children, asthma, skin rashes, migraines and even affect learning ability. Most are already forbidden in other countries. Caramel color, which has shown to cause lung cancer in mice with long-term exposure, also made it into this breakfast food.
We’d love to hear back from you. What are some of the healthy snacks out there you have tried and would love to see at your work place, school or gym?